Saturday, January 23, 2010

Moderen with a Sumerian Look

UGH! I don't remember where I got this from, but I am sure somewhere from Goggle images. It has a Sumerian look to it. I am sure the person that made it had some knowledge of history and old images of the sun. Even around the borders the swirls are representative of the sun in ancient times. I don't even want to tell you what the middle area reminds me of that is non art related. (Must be the wine).

To my new followers...this is my Art History site about all things sun related. The theology behind the sun, the history, and art. If you want to follow my more personal blog it is here...http://terra-del-sole.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this one!
    checking out your other blog now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stopped by from friday follow.

    this picture is beautiful!! I love everything about the sun. I have a tatoo on my back of a sun with an orb around it, and firey sprites coming off circling it. thanks for this new image! i'm following you too and off to check out your other blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi...
    I kind of dig the sun, so I think I will return the Follow Friday favor on this blog!
    dawn hild
    http://meandcraig.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, love it, love it. I am so looking forward to following this blog. The sun is very fascinating especially when you look at the traditions and history so many different cultures have with the son.

    Thanks for coming by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the follow... I am following you back now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally love it! I follow your other blog!!

    ReplyDelete